[1.0.0-1.1.6] Consolidated Patch Notes
Since moving to Discourse, we have decided to consolidate all the old patch notes, here are the complete changes from 1.0.0 to 1.6.0
Starting in patch 1.1.0 we will introduce 64bit Neocron. We will be discontinuing support for 32bit and also no longer officially supporting Windows 7. The decision was made based on the EOL of Windows 7 approaching, and the need for a 64bit operating system to run Neocron now. We continue to support Windows 8.1 - 10 and are unofficially supporting Wine on Linux and macOS. 64bit Neocron will allow us to improve the game more with faster load times, better asset security, and a whole lot of memory to play with.
Armor to damage reduction curve replaced
Formula the minimum of 0.8 or the arctangent of ((([Armor Value]/120) * 2.5) / (PI/2))
Example: 80 resist fire = arctangent((80/120) * 2.5) / 1.57) = 65.62% Damage Reduction
The new curve will supply more damage reduction than the old system as well as provide more at lower levels.
Mob resistance armor has been converted to this new system, retaining what their resistances were previously.
Resistance displayed on an items details now match armor provided to the damage reduction calculation.
Resist Force strength skill was previously also applied to Resist Piercing at a 1:1 ratio, It now applies at a 1:0.8 ratio.
Armor is now specific to a hit zone (Head, Chest, Legs)
Damage to player’s hit zone now uses armor for that specific hit zone.
Resistance provided by Subskills, Implants, Bone Implants, Belts and Power Armor apply to all hit zones.
Resistance provided by:
Helmets add armor to Head Zone
Non Power Armor Chests add armor to Chest zone
Legs and Boots add armor to Legs zone
The Armor RPOS window has been updated. It will now show Armor by zone. Shows Armor Item specific increases as well as total resistances. Will show corresponding damage reduction.
PA Slot has been added again to help balance out the resist changes.
GitHub Issues Fixed
- Cleaned up some world actor and decoration issues in various zones throughout the game world.
- Updated some spawn points in regards to facing directions for some CopBots.
- [J 04 / Battle Dome ] Redesigned the vendor area and fixed the floating GoGuardian.
- [Outzone Station] GuGuardians are now firmly attached to the wall.
- [Plaza SEC-4] Added Tools Equipment vendor.
- [J 04 / Battle Dome ] Placed correct vendors here.
- Fixed some grammatical errors in the mission texts.
- [Nailguns] Fixed Shot/Reload Sounds.
- Hyperion upscaled and fixed some more decals. Hyperion is Awesome.
- Fixed Weapon sounds to match their NC1 models.
- Updated lots of Plaza 1, like holy crap [Atlas + Lykos]
- Fixed all zone lines in city so that lighting doesn’t get stupid bright and dark on zone [Atlas + Lykos]
- Updated Military Base [Atlas, Hyperion and Lykos]
- Enabled the Test Server Vendors in Plaza 1. WE WILL NOT BE ADDING EXPERIENCE BOOSTING LOMS OR MONEY MAN YET. DO NOT ASK. [Lykos]
- Fixed Military Base High Tech Ammo vendor sitting inside a box. [Gnisha]
- Plaza 1 - ASG - Fixed Plants as Benches (GitHub #342) [Gnisha]
- Aggressor Quickkill missions are being listed as “normal” missions, when they should be “hard”. This keeps it in line with other mobs of that rank. (GitHub Issue #303) [Gnisha]
- NEXT Epic: Updated the location of the BioTech Director of Operations. [Gnisha]
- Fixed Runner Search Window (GitHub #340) [Gnisha]
- Fixed Outpost Window [Gnisha]
- Fixed the NPC who got away from MC5 and took up refuge in I-09 (https://github.com/NCC-Lykos/neocron-classic/issues/351)
- Fixed lighting issue in Plaza 1 that made it really really really dark
- Fixed some lighting and decals in Pepper 1
- Upgraded NC to x64. We have discontinued 32bit support.
- Fixed mission system
- Fixed missions displaying duplicates of the same mission
- Fixed memory display
- Smoothed out performance
- Added some extra logging to find a few other crashes
- Fixed the way armor is calculated in resists [Therenall]
- Fixed issue with characters not being able to login to server [Therenall]
- Fixed issue with skill points and skill levels not resetting after removing PA and Implants [Therenall]
- Fixed issue with not being able to use items after dying and being resurrected by a player [Therenall]
- Fixed instability issues with server (The random crashes) [Therenall]
- Fixed issue with outpost security settings [Therenall]
- Fixed SL Bug in missions, (https://github.com/NCC-Lykos/neocron-classic/issues/227 & https://github.com/NCC-Lykos/neocron-classic/issues/328)
- Fixed GR Window bugs
- Fixed outpost security bug (https://github.com/NCC-Lykos/neocron-classic/issues/354)
- Fixed the progress bar flashing negative in the process window on short builds
- Fixed effects not carrying across zonelines (https://github.com/NCC-Lykos/neocron-classic/issues/338)
- Fixed bug with ammo types not changing properly when switching ammo in weapons.